ACT Labor is the Australian Capital Territory branch of the Australian Labor Party. We are responsible for administering the membership organisation and campaign operations of the Labor Party in the ACT.
We are part of Australia’s largest political party and pride ourselves on being the most progressive branch of the ALP.
Our office is a small but dedicated team where staff are encouraged to take on responsibility, drive projects and expand their skill set as part of our team‑focused approach.
ACT Labor is an inclusive employer and is committed to having a flexible and inclusive workplace which recognises and values the diversity of the wider Australian community.
ACT Labor is looking for a Campaign Organiser to join our team. This senior role works closely with the ACT Branch Secretary to develop and implement our electoral campaigning strategies and coordinate Labor’s campaigns across the ACT.
- Developing and executing campaign strategies both inside and outside of election periods;
- Developing and executing fundraising strategies;
- Working with the Secretary and our external providers to coordinate our research program;
- Being the primary party contact for incumbent Labor offices and non‑incumbent Labor campaigns;
- Managing ACT Labor’s digital infrastructure including our CRM, website, social media platforms and other infrastructure;
- Developing and delivering campaign-related training, onboarding and upskilling to other campaigners;
- Working with the Secretary to implement the recommendations from the 2020 Campaign Review; and
- Maintaining strong relationships with Labor MPs, their offices, affiliates, and the ALP National Secretariat.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We need someone who can develop strategies and run at making them happen. A person who is comfortable leading on ideas, managing lots of moving parts, and picking up skills quickly.
We know that no one can possibly have all these skills and experiences - you will likely be able to bring a number of the following skills or experiences:
- Experience working on, or preferably managing, an election campaign for a candidate;
- Ability to work with complex IT systems including Labor’s campaign CRM;
- Excellent skills using digital campaign tools such as P2P texting, email, digital advertising and website CMS;
- Design skills including experience using tools, such as the Adobe Creative Suite or Canva, to create print and digital content;
- Writing copy and creating campaign narratives;
- Analysing data and providing strategic analysis;
- Demonstrating an innovative approach to campaigning;
- Working with a wide range of personalities with the ability to manage and negotiate competing interests;
- Exercising judgement and discretion within a politically sensitive environment; and
- Being a self-starter who can see a project through to completion.
Even if you don’t cover every criteria, you could be the perfect person for the job.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
ACT Labor offers a salary commensurate with skills and experience ranging from $82,506 to $101,743 + 11.5% Super contribution.
ACT Labor also offers flexible working conditions including the ability to undertake some work from home. Work is often undertaken outside of standard office hours - particularly during election periods. Time Off in Lieu is available.
ACT Labor employees receive 4 weeks of annual leave, 2 days of wellbeing leave and an additional Christmas shutdown each year.
Please send through your CV and maximum two-page application addressing the selection criteria to [email protected]. You may also include materials which demonstrate previous work such as campaign plans, content, etc.
Applications close Wednesday 8 February.
If you’d like to get in contact to discuss the role, please contact Sandra at [email protected].